Tired of Everyone Posting John 3:16? 25 Lesser-Known, but Awesome Scripture Verses!
There is a lot of scripture that people know and quote all the time. We’ve all witnessed the iconic John 3:16 signs displayed at football games. However, there are so many more awesome verses in the Bible that are lesser-known. Here is a list of 25 inspiring and beautiful verses!
- “But God proves his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
- “Therefore, do not continue in ignorance, but try to understand what is the will of the Lord.” Ephesians 5:17
- “Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love.” 1 John 4:7-8
- “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
- “Because he himself was tested through what he suffered, he is able to help those who are being tested.” Hebrews 2:18
- “I command you: be firm and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- “Before investigating, find no fault; examine first, then criticize. Before hearing, answer not, and interrupt no one in the middle of his speech. Dispute not about what is not your concern; in the strife of the arrogant take no part.” Sirach 11:7-9
- “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
- “Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm; for stern as death is love, relentless as the nether world is devotion; its flames are a blazing fire. Deep waters cannot quench love, nor floods sweep it away.” Song of Songs 8:6-7
- “The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord!” Job 1:21
- “And if my people, upon whom my name has been pronounced, humble themselves and pray, and seek my presence and turn from their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven and pardon their sins and revive their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
- “Do not ask me to abandon or forsake you! For wherever you go I will go, where you lodge I will lodge, your people shall be my people, and your God my God.” Ruth 1:16
- “As for me, I exalt my God, and my spirit rejoices in the King of heaven. Let all men speak of his majesty, and sing his praises in Jerusalem.” Tobit 13:7-8
- “The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace!” Numbers 6:24-26
- “God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should repent. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” Numbers 23:19
- “I myself will pasture my sheep; I myself will give them rest, says the Lord God. The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back, the injured I will bind up, the sick I will heal… shepherding them rightly.” Ezekiel 34:15-16
- “Then afterward I will pour out my spirit upon all mankind. Your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.” Joel 3:1
- “You have been told, O man, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do the right and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
- “On that day, it shall be said to Jerusalem: Fear not, O Zion, be not discouraged! The Lord, your God, is in the midst, a mighty savior; He will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, He will sing joyfully because of you.” Zephaniah 3:16-17
- “Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.” Mark 11:24
- “But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children of God.” John 1:12
- “I give thanks to my God at every remembrance of you, praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you” Philippians 1:3
- “Who among you is wise? Let him show his works by a good life in the humility that comes from wisdom.” James 3:13
- “The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let the hearer say, “Come.” Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.” Revelation 22:17
We Want Your Input
What are some of your favorite Bible verses? What else should make it on this list? Let us know by commenting on this blog or using #steubystl on Twitter!
I think number 18 is accidentally sited wrong. I believe you meant to put Joel 2:28…..? Thanks for this post and God’s blessings on your day.
Aarica, let me just say that it’s impressive you noticed this! It’s interesting, but verses in the Book of Joel are divided up differently based on which edition of the Bible you are reading. This is taken from the NAB, which separates the book into 4 chapters as opposed to 3.
There is no such thing as Job 2:21. I loved this and went to look it up and maybe it was miswritten? I believe it’s Job 1:21!