This afternoon, Lisa Cotter reminded up that we live in a time when dating is really confusing. It is extremely difficult to navigate the dating world: there are no norms to dating anymore, and because of technology, as we scroll through our phones, we feel as if we’re connecting with someone, but in reality, we’re not. In order to connect with someone, you need that face to face interaction and we cannot get that through a screen. While texting is a wonderful and convenient thing, unfortunately it doesn’t let us see another’s emotion. We find it difficult to interpret what the other is saying and it can get confusing, so Lisa reminded us that “texting is for information, not emotion.”
David began by bringing a few teens up on stage. He asked them to quickly define these words: to date, dating, seeing each other, and hooking up – according to today’s culture. The answers were quite despairing. Answers included talking about sex, no strings attached, and conditions.
David then asked the teens about the goal of dating. The arena all answered in unison, “marriage”. So, according to our culture, we are supposed to prepare for this sacred union of marriage by a no strings attached and a hook up culture. Really?
The world is constantly disintegrating the ideas of the way of dating and marriage that God has for us. David explained that, “The world doesn’t understand the sacredness of marriage”. So how do we get back God’s idea?
- Tired of Everyone Posting John 3:16? 25 Lesser-Known, but Awesome Scripture Verses!
- 3 Signs You’re Seeking Worldly Love Over God’s Love
- Living the Lyrics: "No Longer Slaves" by Bethel Music
- Love, Same Sex Attraction, and Tolerance - Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Saturday Homily - Fr. Mike Schmitz: The Heart of Jesus
- Jason Evert: Men's Session
Search by Topic
SteubySTL on Instagram
SteubySTL on Twitter
- RT @archstl: Our Archbishop-elect Mitchell T. Rozanski shares a greeting with all of the faithful of the Archdiocese of St. Louis! #Catholi…28 days ago
- Not just another Zoom conference: Experience hope alive at the first ever virtual @go2steubenville youth conference… https://t.co/KVvXsjUNla29 days ago
- Due to the size of our group and a great concern for the safety of all, we are not able to host SteubySTL this summ… https://t.co/WMXxaV32ZZ56 days ago