How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- The way you encouraged your youth to attend Steubenville conference this summer – from the charming pleas to your parish after Mass to nagging your students in person during Open Office – you did it, you made it happen. Thank you.
- The way you figured out the hassle of finances, fundraisers, transportation, chaperones, rooming lists, compliance requirements, and registration – you did it. Thank you.
- The way you gave into wearing matching shirts with your teenagers – you did it, and you look great. Thank you.
- The way you pray with and for these teens through their highs and lows of life. You are Christ’s hands and feet – you are doing it with such love and grace; you are such a gift to them. Thank you.
- The way you eat pizza for 50% of your meals with a smile – you’re doing the Lord’s work, my friend. Thank you.
The staff of the Office of Youth Ministry will never be able to properly thank you faithful youth ministers and group leaders for everything you do for the teens of our Church. Each one of us on staff have been in your shoes, and we know how tough the battlefield can get. We understand that summer ministry can become hectic, and want to give you a chance to recharge during our conference.
On Saturday, we will be hosting a small open house for our youth ministers and group leaders. Please, stop by sometime between 11 am – 3 pm at Juanita Hammons Hall. If you have five minutes, come by for a cup of coffee and donut! We know this is just a small thank you, (you deserve an infinite supply of donuts for the rest of your life), but be assured that we love you and are so, so grateful for all of the sacrifices you have made in order to make this conference happen for our young Church.
P.S. I forgot to mention another reason why I love you: you’re very, very good looking.