This morning, Mass was celebrated for all of the volunteers and ministry team, in anticipation of the arrival of the teens this afternoon. Bishop Rice presided and our music ministers were Adam Bitter on guitar and David Radley on the violin.
The homily began with Bishop Rice thanking all of the volunteers for their time. He reminded everyone that this weekend is all about the young people and that our job as volunteers is to simply do whatever we can to help draw these young people closer to Christ.
Our hope for this weekend is that all of the teens are able to encounter Christ in a deeper way than before. Bishop Rice encouraged all of us to let go of our burdens for the weekend. He reminded us that throughout this weekend we should look for opportunities to practice mercy. He also told us the importance of relying on the strength that comes from the Eucharist as we serve this weekend.
All of the volunteers are feeling energized and ready to welcome all of the teenagers to this conference! We are looking forward to a faith-filled and fun-filled weekend. Please continue to pray for us and all of God’s kids.
Here’s a blessing from a man who is a blessing to us all ~ Bishop Edward Rice.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Steubenville St. Louis (@steubystl) on
- Tired of Everyone Posting John 3:16? 25 Lesser-Known, but Awesome Scripture Verses!
- What I Wish I Knew: 14 Tips For Homecoming
- Living the Lyrics: Reckless Love by Cory Asbury
- Living the Lyrics: "No Longer Slaves" by Bethel Music
- Living the Lyrics: "Great are You Lord" by All Sons and Daughters
- Living the Lyrics: "Lord I Need You" by Matt Maher